Friday, August 6, 2010

Jennifer Langston, Miss North Carolina Central University 2010-2011 (EbonyQueens)

Jennifer Langston, Miss North Carolina Central University 2010-2011 is a senior Psychology major from "The Town of Perfect Water" Richland, NC. Jennifer has a charm about her that will attract any student, administrator, alum, etc. Being granted the opportunity to become Miss NCCU 2010-2011 has been a blessing for Ms. Langston and she is using it to her advantage. Last year, Jennifer won the awards of "Best SGA Personality" and "Outstanding Leadership". Ms. Langston appreciates being given the opportunity to serve as one of the 10 Ebony Queens this year as Miss North Carolina Central University 2010-2011 and she knows that she would not have been here without to grace of God or the support of her family, North Carolina Central University, and others. I hope you enjoy the interview! HBCUPride!

Q: How did it feel to know that you were chosen as a part of the top 10 to represent your school in this year’s September issue of the Ebony magazine? What were your thoughts and emotions when you found out?

A: Being chosen as part of the top 10 to represent North Carolina Central University for Ebony Magazine is truly a blessing. This is an opportunity that I do not take lightly. It felt wonderful I felt like the whole community and campus was involved in this process. The best feeling to me was others reaction after we got the news. My heart was full when they said that they were proud of me.

Q: How do you think your presence in Ebony Magazine will influence African American women nationwide and those that look up to you?

A: I believe that my presence in Ebony Magazine will influence African American women nationwide who look up to me by seeing that being a contribution to your community and advocate for others will take you far.


Q: How does being an Ebony Queen representative influence you to improve your campus and surrounding community?

A: I am influenced to improve my campus and surrounding community as an Ebony Queen because Ebony has granted me the opportunity to get my schools name around the world. To someone who has never heard of North Carolina Central University I will be the first face they see once they open that magazine. I no longer just represent myself but a whole university. A queen is only as strong as her campus and surrounding community. It is my duty to strive for improvement daily and if I don’t then I have strayed away from the true definition of a Campus Queen.

Q: What initiatives do you have planned for the upcoming school year that you believe will be enhanced by your presence in Ebony magazine?

A: My platform is called ACTS (Advancing the community through service). One initiative in particular is called Eagle pride worldwide which will showcase our campus more. Now that I am featured in Ebony it grants me the opportunity to allow people to read about North Carolina Central University and be showcased in a magazine.

Q: What is your ultimate dream? Professionally? Personally?

A: My ultimate dream is to become a counselor psychologist at a university and be a blessing to others. I have hopes of one day becoming a minister. I want to eventually get married and have 3 children.


Q: What would you like to say to your supporters, students, alumni, family, etc?
A: I would like to thank all my supporters!! To all faculty and staff thank you for your support whether you sent an email, offered kind words, or were involved in the video process. Special thank you to Mrs. Love and Mrs. Pervis who came up with the video shoot. I love you ladies so much and you are both phenomenal women. Also thank you to Mayor Bell and Chancellor Nelms for appearing in the video and your support through this whole process. Thank you to all the students who voted and appeared in the video. Thank for also posting face book statuses, tweets, and even making special pictures. You guys are truly amazing and I love how we all came together for our university to make this a reality. To my family, my foundation, thank you guys for your love, support, and prayers. I have family in every state and I love each and every one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment